When we talk about body art, piercings are a new thing in the town. Unlike tattoos, you can get rid of them once you get bored. If you have got bored of it but are worried and think, what about the scars that are left behind? Well, honestly, yes, there’s a huge chance that tiny marks will remain. However, if you are wondering how to get rid of a lip-piercing scar, you should read further.
One thing you should be clear about from the beginning is that no matter how tiny a lip piercing is, scars will remain. Imagine a skin being damaged with a prick, there’s a hold on it which will heal eventually, which will take time, there’s no magic to make it go away with a clap. According to studies, scarring occurs when the body responds to the healing process quickly, regardless of whether the skin restores to its original state.
So, yes, when there’s a piercing, there will be scarring. But don’t let this scare you. If you take precautions beforehand and know what the cons are, then you shouldn’t worry at all. There are some things you can do to minimize the scar tissue. With time, we grow mature and regret having piercings and you decide it’s time to say goodbye to them. Don’t worry, you don’t have to live with it, or give up that job you wanted for long, there’s always a way out. The holes left behind can be removed when you want to get rid of them or when the hole stretches or is torn.
What to do to Get Rid of Scars?
- The first thing to do here is to take care that the lip piercing at any time does not develop an infection, if you notice symptoms like swelling, redness, pain on the site of the piercing, treat it immediately. When you feel you don’t want the piercing anymore, remove the jewelry and let the skin heal on its own. Everybody’s body reacts differently, chances are that you develop a scar even after taking all the precautions.
- The best you can do is apply an anti-scar gel to the site of the piercing several times a day, this is diminishing the scar. Or, if you decide to go for the homeopathic methods, massage the holes with different oils like Vitamin E, jojoba oil, Vitamin A and C. The massage will improve the flow of blood circulation in the area, helping to lighten the appearance of the scar tissue. Massage the area in gentle motions with fingers every day before bedtime. The massage helps in softening and soothing the collagen and elastin bonds in the scar tissue. Either way, take a small slice of lemon and rub it on the scarred area. Try it for a minute, once a day, for a couple of days.
Will the Scar Remove Permanently?
As I said earlier, the scar won’t disappear completely and it’s actually not a scar we are talking about, it’s kind of a small hole left behind by the piercing. In reality filling in the hole takes time that’s why taking extra care after the piercing is important.
However, visit a plastic surgeon if the hole does not heal after a few months. The dermatologist will remove the scar and stitch the area that will realign the skin. That’s the only way left.
If nothing works, try to embrace the scar, it tells you how full of life you once were, do not hide your youth, be proud of who you chose to be.
Remember the following
- There’s no magic that will heal the skin, that’s just you are being you.
- Accept yourself.
- If you are not ready to live with a possible scar for the rest of your life, don’t go for the lip piercing.
- There are many ways how to get rid of lip piercing scars.
- No one can guarantee you that you won’t develop a scar.
- Scars are natural, and they tell the world who you were.
- It’s a part of your story.
- Embrace yourself and the scar won’t be noticeable to you and the world.
In the end, it’s just a scar, nothing scary, right? A little mark on your face from a piercing makes you unique, so accept it and move on.
And instead, if you want to check out how to hide your lip piercing, you can read our post about it.